About the founder and lead facilitator
Ebnu’s career began in the Singapore Police Force, where he served as a commissioned Police Inspector. He has worked with the Singapore Airlines, DHL and Millennium & Copthorne group of Hotels, holding both operational positions and as a Training Manager. He belonged to the pioneering group of executives that started the first low cost carrier in Singapore, Valuair Airlines in 2004. With Valuair airlines he served as the Manager for learning and Crisis planning. There he was directly involved in the training programmes that were developed for flight operations and the senior managers in Valuair airlines.
As an educator, Ebnu develops and delivers strategy planning workshops for senior executives, team performance and leadership development programs in Singapore, Indonesia and Hong Kong. This includes the work he delivers for the various ministries. His training covers a broad range of subjects, including team performance, coaching, personality traits, intercultural communication, innovation, and leadership. This includes the use of experiential learning methodology that he adopts in his curriculum design. Moreover he uses the high ropes course, portable props and table top exercises in delivering the training programs that he conducts.
Ebnu has delivered strategy planning workshop for senior Managers with CBI and Lummus, the middle management leadership program for Panasonic and the advance leadership course for the Home Team academy. His clients include, HBO Asia, Panasonic, CBI and Lummus, Assa Abbloy and several MNC’s based in Singapore. Ebnu’s approach to training is learner centric, cognitively stimulating and fun. Human Resources Magazine in their July 2012 issue featured his views and approaches he takes in engaging senior managers in Team development programs. A graphic facilitator, he also uses visuals that he draws to get learners to see abstract views discussed.
Effectively bilingual in English and Tamil, he also converses in Mandarin and Malay. He is the father of 3 children ranging in age from 5 to 18, and is an avid athlete, who has completed 2 half Ironmans, several triathlons, biathlons and running races.
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design and Technology, Nanyang Technological University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education and Training, University of Melbourne
- Diploma in Training and Development, University of Leicester
- Outdoor Educator Certification, University of Lancaster and Outward Bound Singapore
- Certified Behavioural Consultant, DISC
- Belbin Team Role accredited Consultant by Barrie Waite
- Master Trainer workshop, Experiential learning and adult learning design, by Prof. Colin Beard and Roger Greenway
- USA trained DRIVE facilitator, program developed by Daniel H. Pink, from his book DRIVE
Companies that we have worked with